Sunday, July 24, 2011

empire state of mind.

So here are the New York pictures I promised. I can't post them all because it feels a little redundant to post on here AND facebook. So check out the complete album here.

and like I did for Vegas, I will post my "New York Must Sees."

1. See a Broadway musical. We chose Wicked (it was awesome, by the way) and we were debating getting cheap tickets to see Mary Poppins or some other not-so-popular show.


2. Go to Toy's 'R US (even without children.) It's tons of fun, plus there's a carousel.


3. Find the Manhattan Temple. If you can. Seriously, if you're not looking for it... you won't see it. Looks like a SkyScraper. Maybe go inside if you would like. :) (hint: it's right by Julliard.)


4. FAO Schwartz (again, without kids.) It's a LARGE toystore on 5th avenue. If you want.... play on the Big Piano. (we didn't, but that's just us.)


5. Go to the Top-of-the-Rock (Rockefeller Center) at night. We were going to go during the day, but the nighttime view was INCREDIBLE. and yes, Top-of-the-Rock, not Empire State.



6. Visit Times Square at night (and during the day too.)


7. Visit Macy's. Not necessarily to buy anything, but just for fun. We found floor 1 1/2, not sure how, but we found it. :)



8. Walk down the expensive stores on fifth avenue (and go in a few of them, just for fun.)

9. Visit SoHo and Chinatown. Pretty self-explanatory.

10. Get New York style pizza. We chose Angelo's (the late show with david letterman), but we've also heard that Grimaldi's in Brooklyn is INCREDIBLE, but the lines are always incredibly long (so prepare yourself.)


(This picture doesn't do it justice.... SO GOOD!)

11. Visit Central Park. This one seems pretty obvious, but it's seriously one of the most interesting places in the ENTIRE city. So much going on, and it's all so different, if you go on a Sunday, you can watch Co-Ed softball games, that's what we did, and I loved it. But, prepare yourself... it's bigger than you think.

12. AND of course, see The Statue of Liberty. We took the Staten Island Ferry (one of the few FREE things in NYC) and we were able to see it pretty well, but if you want to get up close and personal, spend a little bit and you can go to Liberty Island.



Hopefully this didn't completely bore you. I loved this trip, and if any of you ever go to NYC, talk to me, and I'll give you the inside scoop, and maybe beg to come with you. Prepare for the humidity. TRUST me. NO BUENO. and make sure you bring a bag where you can pull it over your shoulder. (I'm an expert now... ;) )

-Katie.

2 comments:

Anika said...

haha. found your blog. now you have to take me to new york.

p.s. i AM going to new york someday.

p.p.s. and you are going with me.

Katie said...

YAY! I'm so glad you found it. I kept forgetting to send you the link.... woops!

I would LOVE to go to NYC with you! :)