Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Happens in Vegas

This last week was my family's spring break, so my family decided to go to Vegas for the weekend, and I was able to go with them, because I skipped school on Friday.
Before last year, I had never been to Vegas, and now it seems like we go all the time. So, this post is going to be a vacation blog about the things I've done in Vegas, and HIGHLY recommend. :) Yes, it sounds like a travel blog, but just thought I would share what I love about this place.

Last year, we were able to go to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum on the Strip. This place is my ABSOLUTE favorite place on this planet. If you go to Vegas, do NOT miss this. You can visit this place in other locations as well, but Vegas is the closest to me: LA (not open yet), Hollywood (yes there are two within the same proximity..), Washington D.C., New York City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok and London. amongst many others. (If you're lucky enough to go to the other countries this would be the last place you would go I'm sure.)

Some of these are from D.C. But you get the idea....


Chillin' with Hilary and Bill. No big deal.


Found M.J. in Vegas. They look so real it's creepy, but you get over it.
Feel free to see more pictures from this AWESOME place here

It's pretty hard to top Tussaud's but here are some other things that I would highly recommend:


These guys are AWESOME. I can't really describe their show because there truly aren't words. See for yourself. Now playing at The Venetian.


My family saw this show last weekend, and it was Incredible. (I'm running out of adjectives. ) I really loved it, so much in fact that all I wanted to do when I came home was watch the movie. My dad enjoyed it, so for those of you who know him he's a tough critic. Playing at the Mandalay Bay, but only until December, so if you're going to see it... go SOON!!! :)

And if you're up for the FREE entertainment (like most people, including me are) There are always the venues at the individual hotels.

Like the gardens at the Bellagio.

or the fountains at this same hotel.


There are also SO many other things that I love to do when I'm there like ride the coaster at New York- New York ( a definite must for any thrill ride lovers.) There are activities for the youngin's We went to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, and it was great for any animal lovers in your life. (Kids under 4 are free, there's a plus.) I could go on and on about the things that I love and look forward to doing someday, but discover it for yourself! Go Vegas. There's plenty to see and plenty to do in Sin-City, and I will say that as a former "Vegas- Virgin" I was amazed at how cool this place really is. :)

Katie

No comments: