Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bittersweet. Looking to October.

Tonight is one of those bittersweet moments in my life.
I always feel this way in mid-late April into May. It's the end of the NBA regular season.
The Jazz are not making playoffs this year, which makes me sad, because tonight is the last time I will see them play until October.

This season (especially the last 2 months) has been a roller coaster. They started out 15-5, were second place in the west. D-Will was in a good place to be MVP, Sloan was looking at his first ever Coach of the Year, and the Jazz were contenders. They end on a 23-38 streak... Not too good. Ever since the huge changes within, I've been WAITING for this season to end. I've been wanting some rebuilding to happen. After watching the last 2-3 weeks, I see a bright future in Salt Lake, and I'm excited. October cannot come soon enough.

I have to admit something.
I was TERRIBLY wrong. (I don't say that too much, so listen up...)
This is Gordon Hayward. He's a whoppin' 21 years old. When the Utah Jazz signed him I'll admit I was upset. I didn't want him. (Mostly because he was replacing my boy Korver, but that's beside the point.) He has become an AMAZING asset to my young team. He's built his career high 3 different times in the last 6 games, and he's STILL making shots. I'm now eating my words BIG TIME.
He ended the game with 34 points. And I'll admit... HE ROCKS!!! :)

And it's over. :)
You won't be hearing from me until October. (just kidding.) I'll be posting come playoffs.

No comments: