Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lovely Little Things.

Today, I'm seriously just so happy. There are so many things that I love right now. Here are a few:

-- Conference:
Can I just honestly tell you how much I LOVE conference weekend. I always feel so uplifted, and I can't help but be happy. :) It really just makes my day (weekend?)
Conference weekend always equals:
*Shopping with my mom during priesthood. (We always by too much stuff that we truly don't need. ;) While the boys are away, the women will shop!)
*Big Sunday morning breakfast (we would ALWAYS have my grandmother over for the Sunday morning session. This conference was particularly hard because of that.)
*Not having to go to the single's ward for a week (because I HATE the singles ward.)
*Oh, and listening to all the AMAZING things that I truly feel that I need to hear. That's probably important, right?

--This shoe:

I seriously LOVE it so much. Isn't it so cute? It makes me want to go shopping BIG TIME. It makes me so excited for Spring and Summer, yesterday it was 74 degrees here, it was lovely. I'm so so so so ready for Spring. (Especially since it snowed like CRAZY here this morning.) you can get this lovely here.

-- Baseball season.
Since there are two weeks left until the NBA playoffs, and the Jazz are officially out of contention I am definitely looking forward to baseball season. My cousin, Anika made me excited about this GREAT time of year. (Maybe we'll fly to Seattle and catch a Mariners game with you guys this summer.) Unfortunately, we don't have a MLB team here in Utah, but there are still plenty of fun teams to watch if you live in the 801.

My personal favorite:
This is my hometown team, the Orem Owlz, located about 5-10 miles from my house. Even though they're a rookie league for the Angels their games are still a ton of fun to go to. My family and I were able to see them twice last summer, and we're so excited to be able to see them again this year!

For Northern Utahns:
Although not as cool as the Owlz there are the Ogden Raptors, they're a rookie league for the Dodgers. I can't say too much about them because I've never been, but I'm sure they're tons of fun too. :)

And then there's the closest you're going to get to the Majors, The Salt Lake Bees.
I'm definitely wanting to go to one of their games this season. I've never been, but I'm excited to possibly go this year. :)
Just thinking about baseball season makes me so happy! Spring is def. my favorite time of year! I could spend all day at the ball fields. It makes me miss my softball playing days. I'm so looking forward to watching/coaching my little brother and sister's games this year. Maybe I'll play co-ed. Anyone want to join? ;)

-- This song:
Before you chastise me, I'm not a Belieber or whatever they call themselves, but I do love this song.

Right now I guess I can say...
Life is GOOD.

kt

6 comments:

Anika said...

ok, well, now you HAVE to come!! have to, have to, have to. safeco field and the mariners are like the best thing ever. probably as fun as the jazz. you have to come so that you can compare. just tell me what game you want to go to and i'll get tickets.

you could fly into seattle and we could pick you up and spend the night over there, or you could fly into spokane and we could come home and drive to seattle from here......o, the possibilities. k, i'm excited. you were being serious, right? dates! i need dates! if you want to see red sox we need to jump on tickets ASAP.......if you want to see oakland we could get the tickets there.....lol......any game is fun, though........eeeekkkk! :)

o, yeah, and these are all very lovely things! ;-)

Katie said...

After I posted this, I went and talked to my parents, and they thought it was a genius plan! So we are for sure coming out there! I was looking on the red sox schedule online, and they'll be in Seattle August 12-14, so we will be there too. :)

My mom wanted me to get in contact with you how to get tickets, and all that information. So I will pass this on to her, and we will for sure be in touch!

After my mom and I talked about it I got so excited! I am for sure coming even if no one else does. haha. :) I'm glad you caught my "subtle" hint to you.

Anika said...

o my heck!! if this is a joke, it's a mean one.......

if not, then i'm doing the happy dance.......i'm super excited. woo-hoo!! seattle is so much fun, seriously, you have to come!

i'll research tickets (how many?) tomorrow.......and be in touch!

{squeak} YAY!

Katie said...

It's not a joke. I promise. :)

My dad loves Seattle! He always flies there on his way to Alaska. He's planning his Alaska trip around our visit so that he can be there too! He's going with Bish and Spencer to Alaska, so they might want to come with us too, but probably not.

I would say we need 5 tickets plus your 4. So, in case you can't do math.... that's 9! :)

Anika said...

YAY! we are definitely leaving the kids at home.......we just want to play!

so, do you have a preference as to which night? friday or saturday? or is this too soon to be thinking about it? :) i will wait to get the tickets until you have flights booked so we know for sure......

will and i are definitely coming to spend a night or two, we want to do the wharf and pike's place (at least) with you........

did i mention i was excited?!?!?! can't wait.

Katie said...

I'm seriously so excited!!! I wish it was July so that it would be closer! When we come up, we want to see the kiddos though so they can't be gone the ENTIRE time. Nate will babysit. ;)