Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years....

Ten years ago:

*I was in fourth grade, Mrs. Sitake's Class.
*I thought my future occupation would be a lawyer.
*My Best Friends' name was Halee Clement.
*I was SO excited to be turning 10 years old.

*September 11th happened.*

Although I didn't know what the World Trade Center was, or what a terrorist was. I remember being overcome with extreme fear. I remember thinking that somebody out there hated America.
Pictures like this just increased my fear.






















Pictures like this gave me, and still give me hope. Hope to rise above the tragedies that face us. Althought this beloved NYC and World landmark was destroyed, to what they called Ground Zero, it wouldn't destroy the people affected by this historic day.





















Today:
*I'm a sophmore in COLLEGE.
*My future occupation is a Dental Hygienist.
*My Best Friend's name is McKenzie Buss.
*I'm SO excited to be turning 20 in just a few short weeks.

Even with the big changes that happened in MY life. NYC has changed dramatically.
While I was in New York this past summer, we went to the World Trade Center site. The people no longer call it Ground Zero. They believe in rebuilding, not dwelling. Not only are they rebuilding, but rebuilding stronger, taller, and proving to the world that America can not be completely destroyed.















This proves an important message in my own life. Tragedies WILL happen. Things we don't expect or want WILL happen. It's how we rise above it and REBUILD that matters. We can feel like we're torn down at times, but we're not destroyed. We can become stronger from the things that happen to us.

How fitting was it that the NFL kickoff was today. I was so impressed that admidst all the celebrations and commemoration things going on today that the NFL chose to play, and I was impressed at all the respect the coaches and players showed. Red, White, and Blue was definitely represented, especially by the players and coaches representing and playing in NYC.
How AMAZING was this version of the National Anthem. I love Lady-A, but I got the chills. I didn't watch it live, but it was seriously amazing.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

No comments: