Friday, May 13, 2011

Busy, but Not Really.

So I have officially been on summer vacation for 2 weeks now. I feel like I have all the time in the world, but yet, have no time at all. Crazy how that works.


First thing keeping me busy:



The NBA playoffs. Aren't they awesome/addicting? I think so. Even though my team is not participating this year, it's still been crazy to watch, and this year has been full of surprises.


I know it's sounds crazy, but I really do love the playoffs. The intensity, the emotions, the physicality, everything, and like I said my team is not even involved.


I'm wanting a Chicago/Dallas finals, and don't care who wins, but would LOVE it if Dallas did. (Strictly because they SWEPT the Lakers (4-0).) Speaking of the Laker sweep, check out this website it's "did the lakers get swept (dot) com" When I went there. laughed hysterically, showed my family, and we all rejoiced together. Yes, this is like old news, but I still think it's funny.
Watching the playoffs seriously just makes me happy. honestly. Tonight is BULLS/HEAT game 2. go Chicago. NOT A HUGE FAN OF THE HEAT. at all.

Yesterday, the Draft Lottery happened for the NBA draft next month. Here's how it works.
(Don't worry, I don't completely understand it either.) Long story short: the Jazz ended with the #3 and #12 picks. I'm pretty excited about this. Now I'm just looking forward to the draft next month, and the new season in October. :)




We also got to chat with my sister on Mother's Day. That was an awesome experience, and she's probably THE happiest person in the entire world right now. She loves the work she's doing, and NEVER wants to come home. :)


On Saturday, the 7th. I had the INCREDIBLE opportunity to volunteer at Dentistry from the Heart. It's the most awesome experience helping people get care that they otherwise couldn't afford, I've done it for three years, and every year more and more people come out and participate. It definitely puts a lot into perspective for me.

So I guess that's it. For now. I'm going to go watch some b-ball, and maybe clean my room or something. :)

later!
Katie













No comments: